Episode 24 – Gamescience
Mike & Ariel travel down to historic Bardstown, Ky. to banter with James Means, the operations manager for Gamescience, about the iconic dice company moving to Kentucky to become a part of local nerd culture here. Contrary to rumors, the company known for its funky polyhedrals are not out of business! We discuss the transition, upcoming projects, and the various ways Gamescience is having an impact on the local nerd scene, including a few scoops about never before revealed information about new products coming down the pipeline for 2017!
- What is Gamescience?
- Lou Zocchi and origins
- The Lou Zocchi precision dice presentation
- What makes Gamescience dice the best dice?
- The precision, clip mark, etc.
- Mike, the Killer DM
- Tumbling dice, casino dice
- The science of precision dice
- How James fell into running Gamescience?
- Big bags o’ dice
- Magical vacuum bubbles and dark karma
- Meeting Lou Zocchi at conventions
- Gamescience coming to Kentucky
- Opening a storefront with a variety of game stuff
- Bardstown is now for bourbon AND dice!
- James learning Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon
- Teaching children games and the benefits of recreational gaming
- Next Gen Nerds
- The future plans for Gamescience
- Scoops for 2017 products – new d100 “Zocchi-hedron” and d30 in limited quantities
- Funky dice – d3, d5, etc.
- Joseph Goodman and Dungeon Crawl Classics
- American made and Kentucky proud
- How to order dice and follows news for Gamescience
- Upcoming conventions
- Come to Bardstown
- Always tip your bartender!
You can see the gorgeous Gamescience dice selection and order on their website and follow them on Facebook. You can also visit their new storefront in Bardstown, Ky. Have some bourbon while you’re there!